The competition is being run in partnership with metaverse and Web3 specialists Condense, KnownOrigin and Pirate.
A metaverse concert, also known as a virtual concert, is a performance that takes place in a virtual world. During the show an artist and fans are transformed into avatars engaging on a virtual stage.
The winner will get a chance to perform at their own live metaverse concert at Known Origin’s popular Decentraland metaverse plot, where users from the physical world can enter, create avatars, buy property, purchase wearables on the marketplace and attend events.
The concert will be delivered using Condense’s volumetric 3D imaging technology. Condense will capture the winning artist live and show what the artist is doing in real time in the metaverse.
How to apply
- To apply, interested applicants can join the Discord channel and create an Amplify link page for their music release in the #metaverse-competition channel.
- Applicants can type the command /link and enter a streaming URL for their release. They will then be sent a direct message with a link to sign up for AmplifyLink and claim their link page.
- Contestants should then share the link page they created on social media. Tag @amplifylink on Instagram or @amplify_link on Twitter and use the hashtag #AmplifyIntoTheMetaverse
Interested applicants can apply here.
The competition will run until 30 November.
The winner will receive the following prizes:
- A live metaverse and IRL concert.
- $500 worth of studio credit at any PIRATE.com studio.
- All-expenses travel and accommodation from your location to the metaverse concert capture and live show.
- Exclusive access to AmplifyLive’s groundbreaking Web3 technology, which enables artists recurring revenue from their concert on an ongoing basis.
- The winner will also be featured in our event-related content including a mini-documentary, PR and marketing campaign.
- One entry per artist track. Artists can enter multiple times, but they cannot have multiple entries for the same track.
- The artist must be a solo artist over 18 years, able to travel to Bristol (or a suitable location for capture) within the first two weeks of February 2023.
- The main prize winner will receive their prize in February 2023.
- The second prize Amplify Genesis NFT winners will receive their prizes within 14 days of the competition deadline if they have connected their Web3 wallet – you will be emailed details of how to do this.
- No cash alternative to the prize and if they cannot accept the prize the organisers reserve the right to award another finalist.
- No purchase required.
- The winners will be notified via email within 21 days of the closing date and must respond within seven days in order to claim their prize to set up a video call where they will be announced as the winner.
Metaverse concerts are rapidly gaining momentum. Artists such as Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, BTS and Travis Scott have all hosted metaverse concerts. MTV introduced a new metaverse concert category called the Best Metaverse Performance at the 2022 MTV Awards. The nominees included various artists spanning across genres and countries, including Ariana Grande, Charli XCX, Justin Bieber, Twenty One Pilots and BLACKPINK, who walked away with the award.
View the original call here.