The core of Feedly for Market Intelligence is an AI engine, called Leo, that automatically gathers, analyzes, and prioritizes intelligence from millions of sources in real-time.
In this article, we’ll show you how to use Leo to:
- Track your competitors and their strategic moves
- Stay ahead of consumer trends and insights
- Scout technical innovation
- Identify business development opportunities
Before we look at those four examples, let’s start with a short overview of how Leo works.
Meet Leo, Feedly’s AI Engine
Leo reads millions of articles, reports, and social media posts to determine if they are relevant to the topics you want to track.
All this information is at your fingertips in near real-time via a powerful search and tracking interface called Leo Web Alerts.
To understand how this works, let’s review a Leo Web Alert designed to track Amazon’s recent product launches:
Creating a Leo Web Alert is a three-step process:
- Use Leo Concepts to define the information you want to gather. In our example, we use a Company and Strategic Move Leo Concept to track all information about Amazon’s product launches.
- Use AND, OR, NOT operators to combine multiple Leo Concepts and refine your focus. In our example, we use AND to only track articles that reference both Amazon and product launches.
- If needed, refine sources with your own trusted sources. By default, Leo Web Alerts will search across the Market Intelligence Bundle, which is a collection of top tier B2B sources including strategy magazines, tech blogs, business magazines, research journals, and trade publications. You can control the sources your Web Alert pulls from using the “Refine Sources” feature.
Leo Web Alerts are Feeds you can add to a team or personal Folder. New articles, reports, or social media posts that match the specified Leo Concepts will appear in the Leo Web Alert feed.
The power of Leo Web Alerts is that Amazon and Product Launches are not simple keyword matches. These Leo Concepts are machine learning models that encapsulate a broader understanding of each concept.
- ‘Amazon’ is a Company Leo Concept that tracks mentions of Amazon or any known alias, like amazon.com. A disambiguation model will be used to remove false positives for “amazon”, and only return relevant mentions of the company.
- ‘Product Launches’ is a Strategic Move Leo Concept that intelligently scans for new product announcements. This Concept will be able to find relevant updates even if the term “product launch” isn’t explicitly used.
Without Leo Concepts, finding the right information would require manually updating a long list of keywords, leaving room for human error and irrelevant results.
Feedly for Market Intelligence comes with a wide range of pre-trained Leo Concepts so that you can easily translate your intelligence needs into Leo Web Alerts. Leo Concepts can be identified by their unique icons, and you can review a full legend of each icon and the Leo Concept they correspond to here.
Let’s examine how to combine these Leo Concepts to build a strong market intelligence engine.
Track your competitors and their strategic moves
Tracking the strategic moves of your competitors can be tedious and overwhelming. That’s why Feedly has created Company Leo Concepts, which tracks competitor decisions and actions using Artificial Intelligence, saving your team hundreds of hours.
Let’s take a look at a Leo Web Alert designed to track all the latest updates about Apple:
- ‘Apple’ is a Company Leo Concept that tracks all mentions of Apple and its aliases (such as Apple, Inc. and apple.com). A disambiguation model will be used to remove false positives for “apple”, and only return relevant mentions of the company.
You can use Strategic Move Leo Concepts to refine your competitive research to only the most relevant updates, such as Product Launches, New Patents, and Partnerships.
Let’s take a look at a Leo Web Alert designed to track Apple’s newest patents and tech innovations:
- ‘Apple’ is a Company Leo Concept that tracks all mentions of Apple and its common aliases.
- ‘New Patents’ is a Strategic Move Leo Concept that tracks newly published patents.
- ‘Tech & Scientific Innovation’ is a Leo Concept that tracks breakthroughs and innovations by companies, startups, and research teams.
Here are some additional Leo Concepts you can use to refine your competitive research:
Discover emerging trends
Manually tracking consumer behaviors often feels like searching for a needle in a haystack. That’s why we built the Consumer Insights Leo Concept, which surfaces articles that mention behavioral statistics and consumer data most relevant to you.
Let’s take a look at a Leo Web Alert designed to track Consumer Insights related to Sustainability:
- ‘Consumer Insights’ is a Leo Concept that tracks consumer statistics related to emerging societal, technological, economic, ecological, and political trends.
- ‘Sustainability’ is a Leo Concept that intelligently scans for mention of Environmental Sustainability and everything related to this topic.
Scout technological innovation
Market Intelligence teams leverage Feedly’s powerful AI Engine to make their tech innovation research 70% faster. Technology Leo Concepts intelligently scan for a range of new technologies, such as Augmented Reality, Crypto, and Quantum Computing.
Let’s take a look at a Leo Web Alert designed to track updates about Crypto and Digital Wallets:
- ‘Crypto’ is a Technology Leo Concept that recognizes numerous terms for Crypto. The Leo Concept will continuously learn and include new terms, keeping pace with ever-changing technologies.
- ‘Digital Wallet’ is a Leo Concept that intelligently scans for mentions of digital wallets and continuously updates to account for new aliases.
Identify new partnership opportunities
Keeping up with business development opportunities helps your company stay competitive in your industry. Leo Web Alerts allow you to identify and act on key market opportunities as they arise.
Let’s take a look at a Leo Web Alert designed to gather intelligence about companies that have recently raised funds in the finance industry:
- ‘Finance Industry’ is an Industry Leo Concept that classifies articles related to the finance industry based on company mentions and terminology.
- ‘Funding Events’ is a Strategic Move Leo Concept that detects any capital-raising events, from seed funding to late-stage rounds or exits.
Getting smarter every day
The world’s leading Market Intelligence teams use Feedly to stay competitive, so the product constantly improves based on their feedback.
Here is the roadmap for some new Leo Concepts we are researching for our Market Intelligence customers:
Feedly for Market Intelligence customers can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to share feedback on existing Leo Concepts or suggestions for new Leo Concepts. We value our community’s input, as this ensures Feedly is working at full capacity to serve your Market Intelligence needs.
Try Feedly for Market Intelligence
All of these features, plus many more, are available as a part of Feedly for Market Intelligence. To learn more or to start a free 30-day trial, click the link below.